mancave

Thursday, April 8, 2010

Ahoy!


I've been admiring lots of great nautical fashion in the shops lately - Blue, white and red stripes, polka dots, pretty bows, anchors and sailboats seem to be everywhere. I love the 1950s feel alot of the items I've seen have. This theme is definitely going to feature in my wardrobe alot this summer! I'm wondering if I can pull off red lipstick to go with a navy striped neck scarf ;)

Above are some of my favourite nautical accessories on Etsy this week. I do love the Skipper swimsuit from FablesbyBarrie, but as a starting point for the less brave, it might be easier to inject some sailor style into your wardrobe with the cute clutch bag from BagNoir or a some jewellery, like the Americana earrings by Summon or a charm bracelet like the Somewhere Beyond the Sea one from my own shop. A quick and easy way to update a white, blue or even red cardi with a nautical twist could be to change the buttons to these gorgeous little vintage bows from NicedaySupplies! I've already bought some of these for myself :)

Featured items:
Americana Earrings by summon
Pirata Anchor locket by trystbykerry
Ahoy There Letterpress Print by letterpress
Skipper Bikini by FablesbyBarrie
Somewhere Beyond the Sea charm bracelet by magpieandbutton
French Grain Sack Clutch Bag by BagNoir
Vintage Plastic Ribbon Buttons by NicedaySupplies

3 comments:

  1. Hi Bet,
    Thank you so so much for adding my purse in ur block. You got great picks here :) Love them all :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great selection and thanks for including my blue bow buttons! I love that pic by FablesbyBarrie, I really love the pin-up look.

    I'm currently doing some graphic design for a burlesque vaudville show, it's so much fun, I can't believe I'm getting paid to make pictures of things I love!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh wow, what a cute gallery you curated! It makes us crave summer fun. What an honor you featured our Ahoy letterpress print in your post. Thank you kindly! What a surprise!

    Cheers!
    heather & thomas
    letterpress.etsy.com

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts with Thumbnails